The project aims to find answers to the following questions:
- How can the values of the “Christian Social Doctrine” be applied and implemented in daily trade union work – especially on the way to a “new normality” in the time of pandemic?
- To what extent can the struggle to preserve human dignity counter the omnipresent cost-benefit calculation of economy?
- Will it be more likely in the future to succeed in creating a universal common good?
- How can a fairer distribution of the earth’s goods – also and especially in times of crisis – be achieved?
- Is the principle of subsidiarity still helpful in the 21st century?
- How can democracy be strengthened in the EU and citizens be activated to become politically active?
- Is it possible to create more justice so that solidarity can grow?
In addressing these issues, the aim is to shed light on the link between trade union practice and the values of social teaching, while at the same time sharpening the view on the future.
ÖZA (Österreichisches Zentrum für Arbeitnehmerbildung)
Tel.: +43 - 1 - 534 44 39 480
Languages: de, en, fr/it
Project no.: 25-03-21-KO