EZA invites you to the first workshop to prepare our contribution for the Conference on the Future of Europe (CoFoE).
The first topics are EU values, rule of law and democracy. Our challenges: What is necessary for the Europe we desire in the future? Is the EU doing well or do we need changes?
The workshop will take place online. There will be no participation fees, but you have to register by 14 October at the latest. Use this link.
We will start at 15h00 and the meeting ends at 17h00.
- 15h00: Welcome by Luc Van den Brande, President EZA, and a short presentation of the results of our survey.
- 15h10: The importance of European Values regarding the ‘Future of Europe’ by Professor Dr. Léonce Bekemans. Professor Dr. Bekemans is a Jean Monnet Professor ad personam and worked at the university of Padua and the college of Europe in Bruges. Was visiting professor at a lot of universities in Europe (Poland, Hungary, Italy, Spain, etc) on topics like globalization, global citizenship, intercultural dialog, multi-level governance, human rights and other related topics.
- 15h35: Participative democracy as an alternative to representative democracy? (Research team Citizen involvement KU Leuven)
- 16h00: Working groups: after the inspiration the action: what do we want for the Future of Europe regarding values, rule of law and democracy? Your proposals.
- 16h45: Plenary sharing results of the working groups
There will be EN, DE, ES, FR, IT translation.