Are you enthusiastic about Europe and educational work? The European Centre for Workers’ Questions (EZA) is a network of 68 trade unions, socio-cultural workers’ organisations and educational and research institutions from 29 European countries. We are an educational centre and platform for our members. We believe that a well-functioning social dialogue is a key component for a social Europe and strengthens the further development of democracy at the workplace and in European society. We want workers and employers to talk to each other – using a constructive and value-based approach. Our work is guided by Christian-social values. Europe needs leaders of workers’ organizations who have a European perspective and who participate in European networks. We help with capacity building. We convey knowledge about the European context and increase technical skills.
In the EZA Secretariat you can contribute to the realisation of a European educational programme for multipliers and delegates of trade unions and other workers’ organisations on topical issues of the social dialogue in Europe.
EZA is seeking for the earliest possible date an
Education Officer (m/f/x)
Working hours: 100% of the standard weekly working time. The post is limited to one year.
Place: Königswinter or Brussels
You will assist the EZA team by:
Project management in the “European Social Dialogue” educational programme:
- Content-related and administrative project support in co-operation with our European project organisers: submitting applications, implementing them in accordance with EU stipulations, supporting seminars on the spot, concluding projects, utilising seminar results;
- Assisting members enhance their project development and management capacity
- Assisting with the submission of applications and overall reporting for the granting authority, the European Commission
- Content-related assistance to Communication team, working on EZA publications, newsletter, EZA-Magazine, …
- Establish and maintain contacts with organisations relevant to the work of EZA in the field of employment and social affairs as well as adult education
- Follow current developments in EU employment and social policy
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in project/event management or political sciences or cultural studies/European studies (or comparable qualification)
- Ideally, international work experience in project management and event organisation as well as adult education
- Knowledge of the EU’s working methods as well as of EU employment and social policies
- Affinity for workers’ questions and enjoyment of co-operating with workers’ organisations
- Language skills: fluent written and spoken English plus a second language (especially Croatian or Serbian); good knowledge of German
- A high degree of initiative, commitment and flexibility
- An independent, structured and result-oriented working method
- Intercultural communication and team skills
- Willingness for business trips within Europe
We are offering you:
- Varied activity in a European context
- A highly motivated team of 13 persons
- The chance to work independently and creatively
- Family-friendly, flexible working times; mobile working
- Remuneration commensurate with your qualifications and experience (in the event of employment in Germany in conformity with the German collective agreement for the public sector – TVöD 11 when employed in Königswinter)
Have we aroused your interest? Would you like to strengthen our team? We look forward to your detailed application. Please send your credentials by not later than 6 October 2023, by e-mail in pdf format, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sigrid Schraml will be glad to answer your questions on the job profile (+49-2223-29 98-44).
The interviews are expected to be in week 43, 2023 in our office in Königswinter.
For information on our data protection, go to: https://www.eza.org/obere-navigation/datenschutz/
EZA - Europäisches Zentrum für Arbeitnehmerfragen
Johannes-Albers-Allee 2, D - 53639 Königswinter
Phone: +49 - 22 23 - 29 98 – 0